Water: Each cottage is supplied by our own excellent deep well water;
~ tri-filtered, chlorinated & tested in accordance with the Ontario Ministry of Health. Each cottage has a "BRITA" water filter, which will filter
out the chlorine. Please think twice before bringing bottled water. As well as being cost effective, this
is a very good ECO-alternative to bottled water.
- Recycling & reducing garbage: We have an excellent recycling program here in Muskoka!
~ Plastic bags, plastic food wrap, foil, all containers ~ washed out first with soap so as not to attract
animals ~ are accepted. Complete lists are posted in each cottage & bins are provided. As much as 80% of
everyday waste materials can be recycled. Our area does not yet have a green bin program, so, to reduce
garbage, we greatly appreciate as much recycling effort as possible.
Elm Cove Recycles
- Quick checklist: Flashlight, camera, clock, radio, TV, vcr/dvd player, bug spray,
raingear, games(cards), sun block & sunglasses, beach towels.
- Phones & Internet: We do not provide WIFI. Both the Port Severn
Library (at our exit #156) and Honey Harbour Library have public internet and FAX service and are within 10
minutes drive of Elm Cove. Hours for Honey Harbour
and Port Severn
- ATM machine: The Honey Harbour Towne Centre in HH, the PetroCan Convenience Store at our Exit 156
& the Port Severn General Store at Exit 153 have ATM machines.
- Laundry: 'Severn Suds' is a very efficient Laundromat and self-serve car wash,
located 10 minutes drive from Elm Cove, at the entrance to Hwy 400 (our exit #156) on Lone Pine Road.
To save on laundry costs, bring your own supply of laundry detergent & softener. They have a change machine.
- Campfire Wood: Purchase/obtain local wood for campfires only from Honey
Harbour & area.
Do not transport wood from other areas. It is illegal to do so,
according to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, due to the possibility of spreading non-native
pests. For more information, see the CFIA website or call 1-866-463-6017; toll-free.
Help Protect Canada's Trees & Forests.