- Gas:There are TWO Gas Stations at our exit #156, for Honey Harbour (10 km from Elm Cove):
the H & S AMCO Service Station, restaurant & bus stop, open 7am-7pm; & the PetroCan Station with food services & convenience store.
Honey Harbour has only boat gas. At exit #149, between Hwy 12 (Waubaushene) and our exit
(Honey Harbour), there is a MacEwen's 24-hour truck stop with gas pumps, convenience store and full restaurant
- Washrooms & Restaurants: Mapleview Drive at Barrie is the midway point for Shopping
malls and places to eat. Once past Barrie, Coldwater (Exit 137 & 141) is 5 minutes off of Hwy 400 - with gas stations, a Foodtown grocery store & a few places to eat.
Our Exit 156 has the H & S AMCO Service Station, restaurant & bus stop, open 7am-7pm; & the PetroCan Station with several food services & convenience store.
- Fishing Licence: If you are over 18 and under 65, you need a licence to
fish. These are available at the first Petro Canada gas station exit north of Toronto on Hwy 400 or locally
at the Towne Centre in Honey Harbour.
Fishing Licences available online
To operate a boat you need either:
1. An Operator card or
2. Renter's check list If you are renting a boat & do not have an operators card, a Renter's check list is supplied.
- Travel Information: Visit the Ontario Tourism Information building for things
to do on your holidays. They also have public washrooms. Take the "Mapleview Drive" Exit from Hwy. 400 in Barrie.
Visit their website at Ontario Travel Information. Our own exit,
#156, also has a tourist rest stop at The Bressette Homestead - with Muskoka tourism information.
- Groceries: There is a large Foodland in Coldwater (2 exits from Hwy 400 - #137
& #141 - halfway between Barrie and Honey Harbour) which is 20 minutes from Elm Cove Cottages. This is a well-stocked
store with competitive prices.
- Groceries & lots more: The Towne Centre in Honey Harbour is local;
within 10 minutes of Elm Cove Cottages - continue into Honey Harbour instead of turning onto South Bay Road.
It is a general store with a very good selection of groceries (fresh vegetables, fruit, meat & deli), hardware
(including fishing tackle, beach stuff & bundles of campfire wood) and a snackbar. For a more extensive shop, try the
Foodtown in Coldwater (near exit #137) or travel to Midland (Hwy. 12), where there are numerous stores & malls.
- Weather: Click here for the local weather
forecast from Environment Canada.